Frequently Asked Questions
This FAQ contains answers to basic questions about IMBox. If you require additional information please check our IMBox User Guide or send us an email with your question.
- How do I invite the other employees to the network?
- I have invited a user but the invitation has not arrived, what could have happened?
- How can I control who accesses my company´s messaging network?
- How do I activate my user account?
- How do I recover my password?
- Can I change my password?
- I am the network administrator and cannot remember my password, can I recover it?
- Can I use IMBox in any device?
- How can I start chatting to my co-workers?
- Why can I see a warning stating “Attention, there may be users from other companies in this chat…” in some of my chats?
- Why do some messages have a colored square with a letter inside?
- Can I know if someone has read my message?
- How can I edit my profile?
- Will my co-workers be able to see my email address or telephone number?
- What is the Passport on my profile for?
- I can´t find one of my co-workers in my contact list, how do I find him?
- I am trying to search an external user by name but I cannot find it, how can I start a conversation?
- Can I disable message notifications?
- Can I silence a specific private or group chat?
- What’s the difference between a group chat and a broadcast list?
- How do I create a group or list?
- How can I comment on a message?
- What is the IMBox Cloud?
- How can I access my cloud?
- How can I add or remove files from my cloud?
- A co-worker sent a file but all I can see is a bin icon and when trying to access the message it states that the file has been deleted, what happened?
- I have received a PDF in a chat; can I store it in my cloud to check later?
- Some files have disappeared from my personal cloud and I haven´t deleted them, why?
- I want to access the files shared in a group, how do I do it?
- What kind of encryption does IMBox use?
- I would like the files shared through my IMBox network to be stored in our company´s servers, is that possible?
- One of my employees has lost its phone containing highly confidential information, what can I do?
- I would like the files and conversations to clear automatically, how do I do it?
- How can I activate the audit module in my company?
IMBox is an encrypted and secure instant messaging solution specifically designed to cover the communication needs of your organization.
With IMBox you will be able to create, very easily, a private and secure network to communicate and send any kind of files within your company.
Creating your own company network in IMBox is really simple. Just click on register your Company and fill out the required information (company name, admin email, password, etc.) then press “Register”. You will automatically receive a confirmation email, once validated, your network will be registered and ready to use and you will be assigned its administration rights.
Inviting the rest of your Company is really easy. Log in with the email and password you used when registering the network and access the web Control Panel (you can access it here).
From the Control Panel you will be able to, amongst other things, invite any company employee to join the network. Go to the second tab (Users), COPY/PASTE the email addresses of the other employees and the language for the invitation (ES/EN) and press VALIDATE. Once validated, press SEND INVITES.
If you have already confirmed that the email has not gone to the junk mail folder, the most likely cause is that the email submitted was not correct.
When validating the email addresses before sending the invitations, a green box stating VALIDATED should appear next to it. If not, this means that the email address has some problem and will not be sent.
If the email address validation was correct and the invitation has not yet arrived, send us an email and we will be very happy to help.
It is important to note that none will be able to access your network without authorization. Only those who have received an invitation email will be able to access your private network.
From the Control Panel you will have total control of the invitations sent. From the “Pending invitations” tab you will be able to see all the invitations sent but not yet accepted. Press RESEND to resend the credentials to the user or DELETE to block those credentials.
After sending the invitations from the Control Panel, users will receive an email with their access credentials.
Once received, they only need to download the app from the App Store (iOS), Google Play (Android) or PC/Mac and use their credentials to log in. For security reasons, they will be requested to change the password before finalizing the registration and prior to joining the network.
If you have forgotten your password you will be able to recover it both from your mobile or PC/Mac app.
From the Log in screen, introduce the email address you registered with and press “Recover Password”. You will receive an email with a link to introduce your new password. Once done, introduce it in the app to log in.
Yes, if you want to change your password just follow these simple steps:
- From the mobile app open the left side Menu and click Settings- My Account –Change password.
- From the PC/Mac app click IMBox - Preferences.
Yes, simply access the Log in screen on the Control Panel, introduce the email address used when registering the network and click “Recover Password”.
You will receive an email with a link to introduce your new password. Once done, you will be able to use it to access the Control Panel.
IMBox is available for PC, Mac and Android and iOS phones and tablets. You can use your account in your PC/Mac and mobile at the same time as they are perfectly synchronized. You will also be able to use it in different mobiles/tablets if your company allows multidevice access.
Once the account has been activated, communicating with your co-workers is very simple. On the top right corner of the main screen, click on the “pencil” icon or swipe left to access your contacts.
You will see the contacts are divided in two sections:
- My company: where you will be able to see your registered co-workers. Press on any of them to start chatting.
- Other companies: here you will be able to find any contacts you may have from other companies (Clients/Providers) that are also using IMBox as their private messaging network. You will be able to start a secure chat with them by clicking on their name.
Q: Why can I see a warning stating “Attention, there may be users from other companies in this chat…” in some of my chats?
Nothing to worry about. As mentioned above, with IMBox you will be able to communicate with users from other companies (clients/providers) that are also using IMBox as their private messaging network. The warning appears only as a reminder that on that chat there could be users from outside your private company network.
This does not mean that external users are in your private network or have access to your chat groups.
When you see a message with a colored square with a letter insider it means that it is coming from an external user. The letter corresponds to the first letter of the company name.
Yes, when you send a message one of three possible statuses will appear in the message details:
- Sent: Message has been sent
- Received: Message has been received
- Read: Message has been read
In the main screen, click on the top left icon or swipe right to access the menu where you will find your name, by clicking on it you will be able to access your profile and edit it (Name, surname, Description, etc.)
No, personal information will not be accessible to anyone inside the app.
Every user in IMBox has a Passport. The Passport is a unique identifier and is the equivalent to your email address in IMBox.
We have created the Passport to avoid having to facilitate your personal data (email) to external users and to be able to get in touch by knowing their Passport.
Simply click on the “Magnifying glass” icon from the main screen, type his name or email and click on the icon again. The contact will automatically appear and you will be able to start chatting.
External users are not accesible if they belong to a private pot. This means that their network has been set to private and they can only chat between users of the same network.
Yes, with IMBox you can configure notifications. Simply swipe right from the main screen and click on settings. In the Alerts section you will find:
- Notifications: where you can activate/deactivate notifications in private chats or group chats as well as choosing the ring tone for the notifications.
- Text in notifications: select this option if you do not wish to preview the content of the message when receiving the notification.
- Silence IMBox: Activate this option when you do not wish to receive any kind of notification. Once you deactivate this option the previous settings will be applied again.
- Vibration: choose when you would like the phone to vibrate when receiving a message (Never, Always unless on a chat, Always).
Yes, access the chat you wish to silence and click on the icon on the top right corner to access the chat options. When selecting the “Silence” option you will see a mute icon next to the chat from the main screen, this means the chat has been silenced correctly and you will not receive notifications from any messages from that chat.
In broadcast lists, unlike group chats, only the person that created the list and those given administrator rights on it will be able to send messages. The rest of the members will only be able to read and not write.
In group chats every member will be able to read and write.
Simply click on “Create Group” in the main screen and select one of the two options (Create Group Chat/Create broadcast list).
In IMBox you can comment on messages so they become an independent conversation thread. To comment on a message simply click on it and use the blue pen icon on the bottom of the screen to reply.
If you type or comment on a message you will be automatically following that thread, meaning from then onwards you will receive notifications on the main screen for any new comments on that thread. If you want to stop being notified simply click on the eye icon you can find next to the comments to unsubscribe.
Every IMBox user has a personal cloud to store images, videos and documents (PDF, Excel, Word, etc.)
Swipe right in the main screen and click on My Cloud.
Click on “Options” on the top right corner. The three options below will appear in the bottom of the screen:
- Upload: select this option to upload any kind of file from your device to your IMBox cloud.
Delete: select this option to delete files from your clouds, there are two options:
- Delete only from your cloud: When choosing this option you will delete the file from your cloud but it will remain accessible to the other users in the chats where it has been shared.
- Delete all: You will only be able to completely delete files that you have uploaded. If you completely delete a file, it will not only be removed from your cloud but from the cloud of any chat where it has been shared or from the cloud of any other user that had saved the file.
- Share: select this option to share one or more files in one or more IMBox chats or even share files via email or any other app.
Q: A co-worker sent a file but all I can see is a bin icon and when trying to access the message it states that the file has been deleted, what happened?
If you see a bin icon in the chat and when trying to access the message it states that “the file has been deleted”, it means that the owner of the file has completely delete the file from the network and is no longer available.
Of course. When accessing the message containing the PDF you can choose to save it in the cloud, forward to a different chat (by clicking on the arrow) or just opening it from your device.
Two things may have occurred:
- The file owner has completely deleted the file from the network
- Your network administrator has established an expiry date for all the files uploaded and shared in the network. If you do not agree with this time limit please contact your network administrator
You will only be able to access the files if you are a member of the group. If you are a member, simply enter the chat and click on the cloud icon you will find at the top of the screen. You will be accessing the group cloud and will be able to access all the files shared in the group, save them in your cloud, forward them, etc…
Every time you open the IMBox app it requests our servers a 256 bits session key. This key is generated by combining a random 256-bit pattern and the master key of the user with AES256-GCM method.
Through this process besides uniquely identifying the user we also establish an AES256bits encrypted tunnel through which messages are sent securely.
I would like the files shared through my IMBox network to be stored in our company´s servers, is that possible?
Yes, it is possible. IMBox Defense is designed for clients with extreme security requirements (National state security and intelligence bodies, army, etc...) that need a certified solution and the system to be fully deployed in their own Data Center.
In the Control Panel, load a the user and access the section "devices" where you can remotely wipe the device from your network. The device will be blocked and will no longer be able to log in to the service. Additionally the database will be remotely deleted.